Friday, January 27, 2012

Fantabulous Cricut challenge: Label it

Todays project is a card I put together for a special birthday boy. This Digi, from the Greeting farm, "Dressy Edward" is too cute and reminds me of him. The challenge at Fantabulous Cricut this week is to use labels, anything but a circle. So I took out the Gypsy and this is what I came up with. I used several cartridges to create this card. The sentiment label is from the Heritage cartridge. I purchased this cartridge about a year ago and used it maybe once. Im glad I was able to put it to use. I stamped the sentiment with memento ink in tuxedo black and I threaded some ribbon through the openings on the label from my stash. I put some brads on it.. and presto! The label for my digi was made with the Elegant Edges cartridge. I love this cartridge!! The scalloped oval came from the Gypsy Font cartridge. My favorite part of this card is the guitar. I love this cut and its the reason I purchased the Hannah Montana cartridge. I added my favorite embellishment to it, glitter, and I just love the way it came out! The music notes are also from the Hannah cartridge. I used black diamond stickles on them, I love my glitter..lol. I did some faux stitching with my gelly roll pen and added some black beads to the corners. I also inked the paper and labels with black soot distress ink. The paper I used is from DCWV: The Rockstar Stack and Stampin Up. Thanks for stopping by hope you have a rockin' day!

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
My Craft Spot: Challenge #42, Lets hear it for the boys
Celebrate the Occasion: #47, Masculine Birthday





13 comments:

  1. que lindo te quedo fabuloso todo lo que has hecho te ha quedado precioso aca yo tambien he estado inventando ese munequito te quedo bien lindo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias mami. Quiero ver lo que has inventado!!

      Delete
  2. Great card! Nice job with the challenge! Isn't it great to use those cartridges we haven't used yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is!! Always nice to find something I need that I already have..lol.

      Delete
  3. What a great card! The image is fabulous and I love the Elegant Edges mat you've used. It looks so sharp with the diagonal stripes! And the label is gorgeous! Well done!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

    PS You should consider linking this up at My Craft Spot's "Let's hear it for the boys" challenge. You have until Monday night to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the great LO with your wonderful image and embellishments, beautifully done! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our Masculine Birthday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, you totally rocked our challenge at FCCB! You are quite amazing with these awesome digis and the Cricut! Great job! Stop on by our Wednesday post. I think you will know why. ;)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Coordinator)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popping by to say congrats on your top 5 win at FCCB!! Your project was awesome:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your spotlight sunday spot at FCCB! Your card creations are absolutely stunning!! I have to check into the paper roses-really like them a lot! Congrats again and have a wonderful Sunday!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from The Fantabulous Cricut spotlight on you. Enjoy your time in the spotlight. I enjoyed my time in the spotlight 2 wks ago. Like your wonderful coloring; especially the hair on the images. Now going to ck out the rest of your blog.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete