Friday, January 20, 2012

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge: Snow Fun

I just love my cricut expression/Gypsy combo. It is so convenient when I am constructing scenes and need to size cuts to fit and use many different cartridges. The Gypsy is my "handy dandy notebook"..lol. This week the challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is snow fun. A snowflake or snowman has to be used somewere in the project. I used both! I made a tag with this great digi I got from the Greeting Farm, Chibi Alaska. Isn't she just too cute. I love this image, it just makes me happy, reminds me of pure childish joy! I colored her with my prisma's and sprinkled some glitter on her for extra bling. The tag was cut out from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, one at 6.25 and two at 5.75.  I cut the smaller ones in half to make the sky and snow backgrounds. I embossed the sky with my cuddlebug and the swiss dots folder to make it look like falling snow. I also sanded down the embossed parts to bring out the white core of the paper. The bottom was embossed with the swirls folder, to give the appereance of ripples in the snow. All the cuts were sized on my gyspy to fit the tag. The snowflake came from All Wrapped up. I also sprinkled glitter on it and I just love the way it sparkles. The trees and the corner greenery were cut from the Christmas cartridge. I added some details with my prisma pencils. I always try to use seasonal cartridges nontraditionally. The cute little snowman is from the Winter Frolic cartridge. I stamped his face using peachy keen stamps. The snow banks in the background are cut from Every Day Paper Dolls. The sentiment is from a Fiskars stamp set, punched out with the extra large stampin up tag punch. I inked the tag with Tim Holtz broken china. The flowers are from prima. All other embellishments and cardstock are from my stash. The border at the bottom is from Martha Stewart. I really love the way this tag came out. Thanks for stopping by.






6 comments:

  1. i love this tag is nice go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super adorable!! Love the little details and the stamp!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so amazing! I can't believe you can squeeze this many details onto a tag! You did an awesome job and I'm not the only one who thinks so... ;) Check out our Wednesday post at FCCB. You won't want to miss it!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Coordinator & Follower)
    http://fantabulouscricut.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome stuff! Drop me an email when you get a chance at beckie_woodall at yahoo dot com.

    Thanks.
    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete