Sunday, January 22, 2012

Let it Snow..

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I scored some great new items at Joann's and AC Moore. Cannot wait to try out my new toys. As Iwas putting away my new finds I realized my craft space was just a mess. I stayed up till 2 AM sorting through all my things and getting organized. OH MY! I didn't realize how much stuff I have. I came across tons of things i'm glad I refound! I feel so accomplished! Now I just need to find a way to organize all my spellbinder dies that are still in the packages. I've seen some good storage ideas for those online, I'm going to give the binder idea a try. Please share with me how you organize yours. Todays project is all about staying warm. We have been pretty fortunate so far and having a pretty mild winter, but we have gotten our share of snow! I got this cute digi from The Greeting Farm, Cozy Ian. My idea for this card was to make him look like he was indoors looking out the window at a blustery day. The branch, window, icicles and snowflake are diecuts using my silhoutte cameo. I also sketched out the sentiment "Let it Snow" on my silhoutte using a gel pen and stamped around it with a stampin up stamp. I then punched it out using the decorative label punch from stampin up. I embossed the background with my cuttlebug and Kassies brocade embossing folder. I sprinkled glitter on the icicles and the snowflake. I hope you enjoy this card. Thanks for looking, comments are always appreciated. Have a great day and if your in a snowy part of the world, stay warm, and let it snow!

I plan to enter this card in the following challenges:
Getting Cricky: Let it snow, use embossing
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: seeing spots
The Crafty Pad Challenge 154: Something for the boys
Sassy Studio Designs: DTBST#108, Frosty Winter Colors
2 sisters challenge blog: #75 embossing



16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful scene card, it has such depth, such a cute image and the embossing works perfect for this card, Well Done!!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge
    Cheers Jennie
    Getting Cricky Jnr DTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, i love the icecyles!! I really could use a way to store my spellbinders, right know i have some in cd cases but some of them won't fit, i will have to search and then let you know. i am a new follower!! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Sunday Challenge.
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky Jr, DTM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, I love the scene you've created. Thanks so much for joining in at Stamptacular Sunday this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome, love all the details especially that window, so cool, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at 2 sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love all the details! You did an awesome job! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky With K Andrew!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky JR DT
    www.nanascrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so in love with this! Every detail is just perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Thanks for joining us for Dare To Be Sassy Thursday at Sassy Studio Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a neat idea. I like that the little boy is dreaming to be outside. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is glittery beautiful! Love the snow effect along the top! Thank you so much for playing with The Crafty Pad girls this week :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute. I love the snow along the top and you did a great job on the coloring.
    Thanks for joining us in the Getting Cricky Simply sunday Challenge.

    Jessie
    Getting Cricky Jr DTM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow great card! I love the icicles at the top!! :) TYFS !


    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome work! Really love the embossing and the layers.

    cosmetyn reviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so awesome!! I love the tree branch and icicles!! What a fun card!! Thanks so much for linking up with our Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge :)

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DTM
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete