Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pretty in Pink

I love Valentines Day. It gives me an added opportunity to play with my favorite colors and embellishments, red, black, pink and glitter! Every were I look I am inspired to create something romantic! Today I wanted to take that creativity and channel it in a subtle fashion. I really love the way this card came out. The image is from Crafts and Me, Kissy Fish. I really enjoyed coloring her. I'm just learning how to color and this image was great for practicing hair and skin. I colored her with my prismas and added some liquid pearls to her flower and earring. I also put glitter on some of the flower petals on her barrete.I put glossy accents on her lips and this gave her a cute pout. I love it!! The little fish also got blinged out with glitter. Flocking my image are two flowers from recollections. The ribbon and rhinestones are from my stash. I love using rhinestones to accent my cards. They are available in so many colors and just add that extra sparkle and a place to rest the eyes. The sentiments were stamped on pink cardstock and punched out with my stampin up word window punch. The papers I used are from DCWV: The Luxury Stack and The Coral Couture Stack. The diamond shape behind my main image was cut using my Silhoutte Cameo. I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday to plan out this card. I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it.

I plan to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday: #192
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #92: Cards with at least four layers
The Crafty Pad Challenge #155, Show some Valentine/Anniversary Love
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: #170 Ribbons
Charizma Cards Challenges: #3 Pretty in Pink
Crazy for Challenges: C4C121, Layer it on
Craft Us Crazy: #19 Full of Love
Moving Along with The Times: #133, Blooming Marvellous
Crafts and Me Challenges: #68 Pink and Sparkly
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: # 149, diamonds or pearls



19 comments:

  1. OMG Love this card..I'm placing an order;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice lay out. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the sketch this week and love the shimmer! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday

    and Good luck! :D

    Hugz & TFS,
    xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! this is stunning! what a fab image and you've coloured her beautifully! Gorgeous papers and layout. I love those delish flowers!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Big Hugs!
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, thanks for sharing at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colouring and really funky paper - I love it!
    Thank you for joining in at MAWTT for Lisa's 'Bloomin Marvellous' challenge and hope to see you again soon
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card,great colouring.I love the image alot!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cards this week,best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing at Sketch Saturday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card
    thanks for joinng us at Charisma
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card! thanks for joining in at Charisma this week! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, love all the elements. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck and hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, your Kissy Fish image looks beautiful on this lovely card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me digi team's Pink and Sparkly challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful creation
    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog
    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely!Thank you for joining in at Secret Crafter Saturday challenge. Love the colour scheme on your card.Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope we see you soon again at stamptacular.

    Hugs,
    Heleen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card. Love all the pretty colors. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete