Tuesday, January 24, 2012

True Love Luminary

I was having a discussion with my husband yesterday about art. He recently took up sketching and we got to talking about how everything we percieve is linear or has some shape to it that can be used as the basis of a composition. Then we started to talk about the various different forms of art; painting, drawing, wood carving...etc. We are both amazed at how these artist can translate what they see into such amazing works of art. My husband then made the comment that what I do is an artform in itself. I have to say, I AGREE! Papercrafting is an incredible artform. It always amazes me what can be created with paper and some imagination. This conversation inspired me to create something that would encompass all the things I love about papercrafting. Stamping, multi-dimension, embellishments, coloring, digital design and just the fabulous process of creating! This luminary is my tribute to our artform.
There is so much going on in this project, I had so much fun putting this together. I was going to give this away but I think I will put it on my mantle as a valentines decoration. First I had to create the basic luminary cut file. This was pretty easy using my silhoutte design studio. Welded some squares to form the shape of the luminary and welded a lattice in the shape of heart. I added a heart border to to the top and welded it down to the frame. See I can work with linears!..lol. The lid was also done in the same manner and sized to fit. I then backed the inside of the luminary and lid with vellum, gives it a nice glow from the battery tealight. The base of the luminary was also created in the design studio. The hex file was downloaded from the silhoutte library and I sized it to fit my luminary. I covered it with ribbon and put a label on the front and stamped my sentiment. The label, frames, butterflies and phrases are all die cuts obtained from the silhoutte library. The fabulous "Eva Pearl" and "Sexy Cupid" are Kenny K digi stamps. I just love those! I colored them with my prismas and added a whole lot of bling to them. I love the way they turned out. Its hard to tell in the pictures but they are vey sparkly. The rose is a stamp that I have, I cant remember were it came from, but it fit my theme so well. The rose embellishments are from recollections. All other embellishments were found in my stash. The papers used are from stampin up and DCWV Tres Chic stack. 
I hope this inspires you to create! Thanks for stopping by.

I plan to enter this project into the following challenges:
Kenny K's Krafty Girlz: Time to get your bling on
Anything Goes Challenge Blog: To the one I love
Sentimental Sundays: #86 Die cuts
The Pink Elephant: photo inspiration
Die Cuttin Divas: #49 Buttons, bows and or bling
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: #169 food and drink
Cupcake Craft Challenges: All you need is love
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge: #51 Anything goes
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days Challenge #25: ribbons and bows
Moving along with the Times: # 132 Things with wings


The sentiment is from Fiskars True Love stamp set, I love the little bead stems around the flowers.




Cant see it in the picture but I used distress stickles in diamond to add sparkle to the roses


I left the frame open so that I can insert a picture later




So pretty in the dark!



20 comments:

  1. te quedo precioso is beautifull cute,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Wow..Wow...WOW!!! This is incredible and so amazingly executed!!! Wow...each side is beautifully decorated with so much love!!! Absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

    Hugs,
    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project is stunning. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous creation and love the take on the theme this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    hugs Kate xx
    PS I have some candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your project it is truly stunning. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow love this its stunning work so much detail,bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is amazing what a lot of work has gone into it its stunning, thanks for sharing and playing along with us on MAWTT this week HAzelxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project, many thanks for sharing the love at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing project! I can't blame you for keeping it instead of giving it away ;). I have a Cricut and recently got a Cameo too. I love making projects (lately mostly cards) using both machines. I am a new follower and will be checking your blog for inspirations. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THis is absolutely stunning.. i love it!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for a our Things with Wings challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWOOWOWO Fabulous! This is a masterpiece and I am sure it took ages to create. Just beautiful and so artistically unique. Thanks for bringing it to SENTIMENTAL SUNDAYS and best of success. Luv Samara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love the bling. Thanks for playing along at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! this is absolutely fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creation,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a FAN.Tastic piece! There are so many details to look at - wow! Thanks so much for playing with us at Cupcake this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great creation , thanks for joining in my challenge at Secret crafter Saturday challenge this week and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh this is amazing! I LOVE the colour combo for Eva she looks fab and all the detail is just perfect :D
    Thank you for joining us at KKKG and good luck.

    Huge hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet and adorable card!! Love the hearts and pretty details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing! This is so pretty. I'm your newest follower:) thanks for playing with us at DCD

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Cardmad Fairy this week...

    ReplyDelete