Saturday, February 4, 2012

Nurses Call the Shots

First off I would like to say that I am a nurse by profession. I have been blessed and priviledged to be a part of many peoples lives in their greatest times of need. I truly love my profession and some of the very intelligent, caring and dedicated individuals that I have had the honor of working with. I have been touched by so many individuals that have taught me the true importance of life. Through those I care for, I have seen what courage, strenght and perseverance can accomplish. That being said I also have to say that being a nurse has taught me that laughter can also be the best medicine. It is with that sense of humor that I would like to share this cute card that I made.
Todays project is a 5x7 card that was made using one of the digis from the Kenny K workforce collection, Naughty Nurse. The image was colored with my prismas. I added some liquid pearls in platinum to her buttons, glossy accents on her lips, and sprinkled glitter on her cuffs and garters. I colored her syringe with orange, I thought every nurse would recognize the universal color for insulin injections. Her little clipboard was printed from my printer and cut. I also created the sentiment "nurses call the shots" on a word document and punched it out with stampin ups extra large tag punch. The label the nurse is on was cut using my silhoutte cameo. I did an offset to get the layer effect.I also embossed the first layer with my cuttlebug and a script embossing folder from recollections. The syringes in the background were also cut on my Cameo. Embellishments were found in my stash. The papers used are from Stampin up: Love Letter Stack, Cherry Cobbler, and Basic Black. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day.

I plan to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday: Week #193
Stampin for the Weekend: Challenge 2 Embossing
Rainbow lady's challenge #190: wearing red
Die Cutting Divas: #50, anything goes
Craft us Crazy: Challenge #20, Anything goes



9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card for one Nurse to another! Thank you for playing at Sketch Saturday!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card for a nurse friend. But only her shoes are red so don't really think that counts lol
    Thanks for sharing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FAB! *claps* what a great card.
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool card!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

    Hugz & TFS,
    xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling - made me smile! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous card. Love the colours and the details. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card, Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really stunning card, thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday last week.
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete