Sunday, February 19, 2012

Rockabilly green


Good afternoon all. I hope everyone is enjoying the day and doing what they love to do best. I am very excited! I got my first set of copic markers in the mail yesterday and I have been playing with them nonstop! I have so much to learn, thank goodness for youtube. There are some very talented people who love to teach others how to work with this medium and I am so appreciative. I ordered the two of the 72 ciao sets. The other one is on its way..cant wait! So after much trial and error I finally colored an image that I like. It is difficult for me as a beginner to pick color combinations that blend well together. I finally got something that I really liked. The image is from The Greeting Farm, Cheeky Rockability. I love this image and it really lends well to practicing hair coloring and skin technique. I stamped her using black memento ink. I colored her hair using E25, E49 and E57. I used E50 and E53 for her skin and added E93 for her blush. Her dress was colored using R35 and R37. I love how vibrant that color combination looks. I also used that combo on her shoes. I cut out the label using a nestabilities circle and scallop. The blue cardstock behind her was embossed using the swiss dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug and my Grand Calibur. I stamped the sentiment on to white cardstock and punched it out using my modern labels punch from Stampin Up. The ribbon and bling are from my stash. The papers used are from Stampin Up: Love letter stack and DCWV: Dots, Plaids and Stripes stack. This is a simple card but I love how it came out. I did notice that I need to work on my blending of skin tones and I need better paper because the colors were bleeding into eachother. Practice..Practice...Practice! Thank you for stopping by, comments are always appreciated.

I plan to enter this card into the following challenges:
The Crafty Pad:#158, blue, red and green
A Gem of A Challenge: #40, A sketch
Anything Goes Challenge Blog: #60, Bingo board, I used 2 or more stamped images, Die cuts/punches and My choice is polka dots.





3 comments:

  1. Really cute card
    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers, you have nailed the colouring!!! Thanks for playing in the Red Blue & Green Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx
    PS I have blog candy if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has a wonderful vintage feel to it. Your coloring is wonderful.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete