Monday, February 6, 2012

Thankful..

This past week has been very exciting and challenging for me. I started a new job this past week and have been very busy acclimating to my new role and learning the ropes of a new job. I have been very fortunate to have met a group of awesome people who have been so helpful with my transition. I wanted to make a card for a specific individual who has really gone out of her way to help me succeed. I am very thankful and grateful for all of her help. This is a simple A2 card that I made using a stamping up stamp, Apothercary Art. I stamped the image with Cherry Cobbler ink on to Stampin Up's Very Vanilla cardstock. I had to hand cut the stamp out because I ordered the labels die and it's on it's way. I added a little of stickles to the leaves in patina for some sparkle. It really doesnt show up in the picture but it looks really pretty. The border is a Martha Stewart punch and I layered ribbon on top of it and tied a bow at the end. I really like how the bow came out, I'm learning! I added some primas mini roses and some flower brads from my stash. The background paper is from Stampin Up's Love Letter stack. I inked all the edges of my paper and label with Tim Holtz distress ink in Barn Door. I kept the scheme monochromatic and layout simple. This was fun to make. I hope she likes this. Thank you for stopping by and thanks so much for the wonderful comments!

I plan to enter this card into the following challenges:
 Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #61: monochromatic magic
Charizma Cards Challenge #4: Vintage
Craft Us Crazy Challenge #20: anything goes
 



8 comments:

  1. Your card is completely gorgeous! Love the colors and details! Thank you so much for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent card.Beautiful embellishments. Wonderful graphic effect. I like ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely!

    Thanks for joining the Monochrome Magic at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, that label is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the rich colours! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

    Lisa xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining in with our Monochrome Magic challenge at Crafty Cardmakers :-)

    Hugs,
    Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete