Saturday, January 26, 2013

Easel with a twist?

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have finally gotten around to crafting and I am super excited to show you what I have come up with. I actually got this idea from Candy C over at Creativity is Contagious. I am really in love with her take on this easel drawer card. I followed her link to the tutorial, and this is what I put together. I love the vintage,shabby chic look, and really wanted to try my hand at it. I really LOVE the way this came out! I even made the stick pin, so super easy. I went to my local Hobby lobby and Michael's and picked up a couple of new things. The doilie was white and actually from the baking isle at Michael's, I glimmer misted it with Cork. I love the vintage look it gave it. I also put glimmer mist in Pearle, to the flowers. I think I am going to become addicted to Glimmer Mist! The butterfly is a die cut using my Cameo. It is not showing up in the pictures but I heat embossed the solid portion of the die cut with an antique gold and inked it with black soot to give it a metal look. I hope you enjoy this little project as much as I enjoyed creating it. Stay crafty!

Supplies:
Prima Paper: The Almanac Collection
Kraft paper from Recollections
Glimmer Mist in Cork and Pearle
I Am Roses in pink and Multi brown
Trim by Stampin Up
Book plate and metal sentiment plate by Tim Holtz
Distress ink in black soot and walnut stain
Metal flower Charmfrom Recollections
Stick pin beads and findings from Hobby lobby
Brads and rhinestones from my stash

I plan to enter  this into the following challenges:
Moving along with the times:Bling it on
Dream Valley Challenges: Girls Girls Girls
Stampin for the Weekend:Something girlie
Crafts and Me challenges: Vintage
Sassy studio designs: How charming





 





6 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!!! this is just stunning, love the vintagy feel & the handle to your draw is fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week,, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! this is gorgeous! what a wonderful design with the added drawer! The papers and embellishments are all perfect… you have included so many lovely details..it's exquisite - I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Lots of detail and time spent on it! Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. Totally love this one.
    Thanks for joinng us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gasp and AWE! This is truly beautiful Thank you so much for joining us at DTBST at Sassy Studio Designs.

    Alaine SSD-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evelyn, your beautifully layered findings look fabulous on this stunning easel card with drawer. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "vintage" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete