Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I'm Yours Shadow Box

Hello my fellow crafters! Hope whatever part of the world you find yourself you are keeping warm. It has been frigid in my little corner of the universe and I am definitely counting down to those great summer days! I had the opportunity to put together this 5 by 7 shadow box this week, desperately trying to get away from making another card. It was really easy to put together, I was pleasantly surprised. I  enjoy using my silhouette Cameo, wish I could find more time to create with it...:(  The file is a die cut from Lori Whitlock, that can be purchased on her site as an SVG or on the silhouette online store. Not really sure what I am going to do with it. I thought of attaching a card to the back, with a magnet closure. It would make a really nice valentine for my husband. Although it is not the least bit masculine! Hey I tried I put hinges, also die cuts, on the corners of the frame. OK, I'm not done they need some bling! After all bling, roses, red, that's what I'm known for. Hope you find some inspiration in this project to create your own special valentines. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
  1. Sentiment, background heart doilie, cupids, hinges and couples silhouette are all die cuts using my Cameo. I inked the doilie with Tim Holtz walnut stain. The "I'm Yours" sentiment and cupids were coated with zig two way glue and covered with red glitter powder.
  2. Paper from Authentique, Lovely collection
  3. Muse token by Tim Holtz, Forevermore
  4. Metal keys by K and Company
  5. Roses in various sizes and colors by I am Roses
  6. Ribbon and heart beads from my stash
 I plan to enter this shadow box into the following challenges:
Craft us Crazy: Celebrate love or use the color red
Crafty Catz Challenge: Anything but a card
My Craft Spot:Bling it up
Simon says stamp and show: What are you know for
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 37: Love,Romance,Anniversary

 
 
 
 
 
 

 





9 comments:

  1. A beautiful shadow box thank you for joining us this week at CRAFTY CATZ
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love your "I'm Yours" shadow box! So Valentine-y and beautifully done! It has a very vintage feeling to it, something that is near and dear to my heart! :) I love the papers you've used and the light distressing that you've done to give that beautiful aged quality. Love love the sweet roses. Nothing says romance like vintage roses! :) Thanks so much for the nice comment you left on my blog. I so appreciate it! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely box
    Thanks for playing along at Crafty Ribbons this fortnight,
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous shadow box! The papers are so pretty and love all the embellishments. The silhouette cut is perfect-love it all!

    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful project. Thanks for sharing it with us at crafty catz, we hope you'll join us again soon. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful giftbox. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shadow box!!! So many pretty details to adore! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. I like the elegant look. Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! I love the details you've added - especially the keys. And the silhouette is so striking as the focal point!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete