Saturday, February 2, 2013

Green Wishes

I have to admit, green is not my color! I wanted to create a card using a color that I normally would not use as a main color. This is what I came up with. I'm not sure how I feel about it...lol. I did have fun creating it because I did some heat embossing on the background. A technique that I love on projects that I see but have been unsuccessful with.  I am really happy with my results on this card.  I got my nestabilities dies out, which have not gotten much use recently, for the flourishes and circles. I punched the sentiment out with a Stampin up punch. I really "wish" you enjoy this card. Thanks for stopping by, stay crafty.

Supplies:
Paper: Botanical steampunk from Recollections, solid card stock from Stampin up
Nestabilities dies: Grand circles and scalloped circles, Fleur De Lis accents and Motifs
Prima flowers
Background stamp: Medallion from Stampin up
Martha Stewart embossing powder in evergreen
Digi: Aliah from Hannah Lynn, Crafts and me Stamps
Copics
Brads and bling from my stash

I plan to enter this card into the following challenges:
Moving along with the times: Punch it 
Anything goes challenge blog: Monochrome
Sketch Saturday: the sketch
Celebrate the Occasion: Green with envy
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge: Circles


 



8 comments:

  1. Very pretty and love the greens = beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I couldn't even say green is not your color! Great coloring, too. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so pretty! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!! Fabulous coloring :)
    Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOur colouring of the hair is stunning! Love all the colours and green 'IS' my colour lol I love it!
    Thanks for playing along at MAWTT for Debs 'Punch It Out' challenge and good luck
    Hugs Laurie xx

    PS
    You may want to take off word verification, a lot of people won't comment with it on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Word verification off.. Thanks for the heads up! Didn't know it was on..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coloring and your card is so pretty! Thank you for sharing your creation at CTO for our "Green, white and one other color" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and your colouring is fab. Gren not my colour either but sometines its good to test ourselves!

    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

    ReplyDelete